Living up to its name in every sense, Grand Cayman is the amalgamation of arts with culture and nature to produce the perfect atmosphere. The largest of the three Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman is all about beaches, sunshine, and laid-back island life. On the west side of the island is Seven Mile Beach, while the North Sound is home to a neighborhood of stingrays. And, of course, no trip to Grand Cayman is complete without being part of the adrenaline pumping water sports activities and of course fishing aboard your own private charter in Caymans.
The fun-filled water sports activities that every enthusiastic traveler should enjoy in Grand Cayman include:
1. Bioluminescence – The Cayman Islands are overflowing with extraordinary wonders, one such is bioluminiscent bay. To be at the bioluminescent bay, you need to take a short boat ride. Upon arrival, you have the option to snorkel and experience bioluminescence at night. You won’t believe your eyes when you see this spectacular show at night. The bioluminescence is caused by millions of single-celled plankton called dinoflagellates that give off the light when disturbed in the water at night. The visit to the bioluminescent bay is one of Grand Cayman's most popular night-time tourist attractions.
2. Fishing – Fishing is a year round sport in the Cayman Islands, with the choice of reef, deep sea and shore fishing. Available are a small fleet of modern, well-equipped fishing charters in Caymans for full and half day charters. Knowledgeable Caymanian captains and fishing guides welcome both experienced sportsmen and absolute novice anglers, whether for deep sea fishing or reef fishing. On board they will share their unique techniques for blue water and reef action. So all you need to do is get ready for some action and lots of fun during your fishing excursion.
3. Scuba Diving – The Grand Cayman topography features precipitous walls, towering canyons and reefs laced with swim-throughs. The most popular area to dive on Grand Cayman is off Seven Mile Beach on the island's West End. Stingray City, Grand Cayman's world-famous animal encounter, is in only 12 feet of water. Nearby is Sandbar, popular amongst snorkelers seeking a stingray encounter. The USS Kittiwake has put Grand Cayman on the map for wreck diving. You can also go for diving at Snapper Hole – a labyrinth of tunnels and caverns filled with snappers.
4. Snorkeling – Snorkeling is considered to be the safe way to enjoy the spectacular marine life that calls the azure waters of Cayman their home. Snorkeling on Grand Caymans gives the snorkelers a chance to visit the Turtle Farm. A predominant fish that you will see in this area is the Parrotfish which is pretty impressive in both size and coloration. While snorkeling in the Cemetry reef, you can come across Grunts, Yellowtail Snapper, Black Sea Urchins and Bermuda Chub. At the Cheeseburger Reef, it is uncommon to see Sea Turtles, Tarpon and even Stingrays.
5. Swim With Stingrays – Stingray City in Grand Caymans is the popular attraction amongst the snorkelers and non-swimmers. Enjoy this unique experience of touching and feeding a Stingray, together with snorkeling among magnificent coral reefs and colorful tropical fish. The Stingray City Sandbar is a fun place and is suitable for everyone. You may be surrounded by more than two dozen "tame" Atlantic Southern Stingrays that enjoy the company of humans. The Stingrays swim freely with humans in only three feet of water at the shallow Sandbar area.
6. Kiteboarding / Paddleboarding – With steady winds, warm water, sheltered lagoons and good waves at the reef break, Grand Cayman has ideal conditions for those wanting to participate in kiteboarding. The exciting water sports is very much popular among the novice and experienced travelers and locals alike. Paddleboarding is a pleasantly tranquil way to explore the coastline while giving your core muscles a good workout. Those looking for more of a challenge can try surfing small waves or take part in races.
You can enjoy all these tours while on board your own private yacht charter in Caymans. The professional crew on board make sure that every guest has the best time while participating in any of the listed activities. Book your charter in advance to avoid the last minute rush.