The Cayman Islands are home to rich natural wonders, diverse wildlife, lovely beaches, and exciting adrenaline pumping activities. These all together make your family vacation relaxing, thrilling, and memorable. When traveling with kids one thing is sure - unpredictability. No matter how well you’ve planned your vacation, who knows what your kids will like and what they won't. Below are mentioned activities your kids shouldn't miss while vacationing in the Cayman Islands.
• Meet Stingrays – The fascinating Stingray City is one of the most popular attractions in the Cayman Islands. Here, you and your kids have an opportunity to feed and swim with these gentle silky sea creatures. Some stingrays can be quite big too. For a truly authentic experience, make your kids easily stand in the 2-4 feet deep waters of Stingray City and see how thrilled the kids will be when they will touch these gentle and gracious creatures.
• Blue Iguana Safari – Blue iguanas, locally known as the Grand Cayman's Blue Dragons, are nestled in the Botanic Garden where they were brought back from the brink of extinction. Take your kids on the exciting and educational Blue Iguana safari. This is because both you and your kids will learn about the lifecycle of the endangered species and the programs that are run to save them from extinction.
• Stop By The Cayman Turtle Farm – Hop on a catamaran charter in Caymans and make your way on the azure waters to the Cayman turtle farm – the perfect site for the families. Here, the kids get a chance to make new friends with yet another lovely species. Opt for the Turtle Adventure Tour wherein you'll have access to the entire park and its swimming lagoons, turtle touch tanks and turtle-breeding pond.
• Go Diving or Snorkeling – The Cayman Islands feature a fascinating underwater world just waiting to be explored by the passionate snorkeling and diving enthusiasts. The professional crew on board your own private catamaran charter in Caymans will teach you and your kids all you need to know about snorkeling. Plunge in the water and explore some of the most beautiful snorkeling locations and interact with the elegant marine life underneath.
• Play in the Sand at Seven Mile Beach – After you've been part of all the above mentioned activities, make your way to the iconic Seven Mile Beach. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean where you can relax lazily under the sun. Your kids can spend their leisure time by building sandcastles or running on the beach. You can also go for swimming and snorkeling and recharge yourself for the next awaiting adventure.
• Learn At The Grand Cayman Museum – The Grand Cayman National Museum is another great educational site, where you and your kids can enjoy interactive exhibits and learn about local birds and stunning reefs. This is perfect opportunity to learn about the rich golden past of the Cayman Islands while having fun simultaneously. The Cayman Islands National Museum ensures that visitors get the opportunity to experience the territory's natural and cultural heritage.
•Meet the Starfish at Starfish Point – Starfish Point in the Cayman Islands is an ideal place to get acquainted with the life beneath the ocean. Here, the visitors can actually walk from the beach out into the calm, clear water and experience the orange and pink starfish that make this beach their home. A short walk into the ocean unveils the most beautiful starfish just swimming around or lazying on the ocean's floor.
• Swim with the Dolphins – If you want your kids to meet these lovely and intelligent creatures, you should plan to be part of the Dolphin program. Like any other Caribbean destination, Grand Caymans also offers an exciting chance to swim with the dolphins. While experienced swimmers can go swimming with dolphins, younger children should enjoy a lovely encounter with these friendly creatures or enjoy swimming by laying on the back of the dolphin.
With plenty of fun activities to enjoy, historical sites to gain deep insight of the islands' rich past and relaxing beaches to enjoy a leisurely stroll with family, the Cayman Islands are a perfect destination for a memorable family vacation.