If you’re perhaps toying with the idea of a scuba diving trip this year but are stuck for a particular location in which to visit, then you should plan a visit to the Cayman Islands. Renowned across the world as the birthplace of recreational activities including scuba diving, year after year, scores of dive enthusiasts visit the Cayman Islands. It also boasts of a vast array of tourist attractions that extend far beyond the water.
The scuba diving destinations in Caymans fully deserve to be the top diving location in the world for it is home to some of the most spectacular dive sites that you’ll ever come across. In addition to the expected coral reefs, colorful fish, and other underwater creatures, “wall diving” provides something extraordinary for scuba divers. Scuba diving in the Caymans can be done by boat, or at many dive sites, directly from shore.
But do you know why the Cayman Islands is a paradise amongst diving enthusiasts, check out the answers mentioned below:
1. THE TOP AQUATIC ATTRACTIONS – The Cayman Islands hold a special place in the diving world. However, there are three main underwater attractions that almost every diver should see at least once. Firstly, Stingray City, where dozens of stingrays, both large and small, glide to the site and then quickly surround the divers and snorkelers. Second on the list is Sunset House Mermaid. The 13-feet statue was created to help illustrate the relationship that divers have with the aquatic realm and is also popular amongst many underwater photographers. Lastly, the Kittiwake Wreck – it rises to the top of MUST DO lists for divers and snorkelers traveling to the Caribbean.
2. THE EASY GETAWAY – The three islands that make up the Cayman Islands — Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman — are in the Western Caribbean, south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. One can easily reach here by boarding a flight because nonstop flights are available to Grand Cayman from several U.S. cities, including New York, Boston, Chicago,
Atlanta, Houston, and Detroit. Upon arrival, you can directly make your way to the yacht charter for which it is highly recommended to make your bookings in advance so as to avoid last minute rush during holiday time.
3. THREE SISTERS HAVE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES – The Cayman territory consists of three islands: Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac, and Little Cayman. Most of the visitors first visit the Grand Cayman, and as the name implies, it is the largest of the three islands, and one can reach from one island to the other via sailboat, luxury, and crewed yacht charters. Each island offers a unique experience — From Seven Mile Beach which is known for its dramatic sunsets and natural splendors to Rum Point which is a picturesque beach ringed with shady Casuarina Pines – the Cayman Islands have much to offer.
4. PARADISE FOR ALL DIVING ENTHUSIASTS – Divers coming to the Cayman Islands are as varied as the tropical fish on the islands’ reefs. Whether you’re traveling with your family, looking for a unique experience, coming as a new diver or returning as an experienced veteran, you’ll find what you’re looking for in the Cayman Islands. The Cayman Islands have something for everyone — from the young snorkeler to the master diver. So plan a fun-filled vacation to explore scuba diving destinations in the Caymans with your group and create lifetime memories.
5. DIVE BENEATH THE SURFACE AT NIGHT – The Cayman Islands are famous for their sheer walls and drop-offs. Little Cayman’s Bloody Bay Marine Park is touted as the best diving area in the world. Famous for an abundance of sea turtles, divers can also witness tarpon and silversides filling the caverns and tunnels. You can also find Nassau grouper, eagle rays, and moray eel swimming among the colorful sponges and coral reefs. Don't forget to try a night dive when the colors are even more vivid under the beam of your dive light. The Cayman Islands are one of the best places in the world to dive in the surreal surroundings.
It's no surprise that the three Cayman Islands are infamous for their gorgeous, pristine beaches. If you're looking for the optimal holiday experience, then diving is the best way to explore the scuba diving destinations in the Caymans . Visitors from all over the world come to discover the underwater world of this tropical paradise.